Islamic Council of Victoria pulls out of meeting with Abbott

Hyper-sensitive

Hyper-sensitive

What is it about Islam that makes Muslim leaders so easily offended? Answer: it is an essential part of the stealth jihad waged on Western nations – take offence at anything and everything, and then demand concessions and special treatment.

Try doing that as a Christian in Iran or Saudi Arabia and see how far you get.

Here is a quote from the ICV press release:

It is with extreme disappointment then that the ICV noted the comments made by the Prime Minister on Sydney radio station 2GB prior to his meeting with Sydney community leaders. The Prime Minister’s comments were ill informed and inflammatory. Once again the Muslim community, with no justification whatsoever, was challenged about its role in Australian society.

No justification? Seriously?

The Secretary of the Islamic Council of Victoria, Mr Ghaith Krayem, stated “What we look for from our Prime Minister is true leadership in difficult times but what we find, for the second time in as many weeks, is a Prime Minister who wilfully places our community in the crosshairs of every bigot and racist in the country. When we are trying to build harmony and good will across the community we cannot understand the motives behind the Prime Minister’s inflammatory remarks today.

You get the idea – play the victim card. Here is the full transcript of Tony Abbott’s comments to Ray Hadley yesterday. What were these ‘inflammatory and ill-informed’ remarks? These are the ‘worst’ bits I can find:

This is the thing, Ray. We’ve got a serious problem of radicalised people going to the Middle East to fight with terrorist groups. Some of them will want to come back to Australia and they do pose a risk if they do, because they’ve been radicalised, militarised and brutalised by the experience. We discovered a few years ago, with people coming back from Afghanistan, that about two-thirds of them subsequently went on to be involved in home-grown terrorist plotting.

OK, that’s just fact. Look it up.

So, we do have to be vigilant against it and my position is that everyone has got to be on ‘Team Australia’. Everyone has got to put this country, its interests, its values and its people first, and you don’t migrate to this country unless you want to join our team, and that’s the point I will be stressing.

Loyalties again. Loyalties. Where do they lie?

And what we need to do is to encourage the moderate mainstream to speak out, because you know, over the years, Ray, we’ve had all sorts of different ethnicities, religions, nationalities, migrating to Australia. Overwhelmingly, our country is comprised of good, decent people who want to put Australia and its people first, and it’s important that individual communities can’t be caricatured on the basis of a militant few rather than on the basis of what I take to be a sensible majority.

Unfortunately Islam is the only immigrant group that has a problem integrating into Australian society (or in fact European, American or any other society on earth). Buddhists, Sikhs, the Chinese, Indians, every other race and religion you care to mention just gets on with life in their adoptive country – grateful, in many cases, to be here. But not Islam, because as we all know, Islam does not coexist. It conquers, and standing in the way of that conquest is ‘Islamophobic’.

And because of this, no doubt, the ICV doesn’t like the light being shone too brightly on the conquest, and claim that the comments are ill-informed and inflammatory. Abbott says the sensible majority is being portrayed in a bad light by the extremists – which is true. That majority should be more vocal in its rejection of those extremists – also true. And if they remain quiet, then one has to ask, why?

But that was enough for the ICV to huff off and refuse to meet the Prime Minister. Islam regards the filthy kafir government as beneath them anyway, so confecting an excuse to avoid meeting them would be expected.

Comments

1. Reblogged this on Pamea's Blog and commented:
    Why don’t they crawl back to hole they crawled out of..

2. “We discovered a few years ago, with people coming back from Afghanistan, that about two thirds of them went on to become involved in home grown terrorist plotting” – Source? Proof?
    ‘Stealth Jihad’ Yeah right, I’m not paranoid – it’s just that everyone’s out to get me!
    Peddle this bigoted rubbish elsewhere!

• Source for that claim is the Attorney General. You can take it up with him if you like. As for your other point, why is it Muslims that are always demanding special treatment in a non-Muslim country? Commenting on this is not paranoia, it’s just an observation. Also, why are you incapable of debating this subject without resorting to insults? Is it because, in your PC world, anyone who expresses these views is automatically ‘bigoted’?

Liked by 1 person

• Charles Johnson says:

Thank you for setting the record straight with Edward who is turning a blind eye to the happenings that are ripping families and countries apart in the miidle east

• luisadownunder says:

I think you will find that it was an Australian child holding a decapitated human head. Whilst his “Australian” father gleefully took a photograph ensuring that everyone back home in Australia knew what his exact intentions were.

Because this is something normal people do every day.

Proof? Gee, really?

• You r either exceedjngly naive or exceedingly young. There is a clear global push to re-launch the Caliphate globally. Islam is a supremacist ideology anchored in subjugation of other. Read a bit more.

3. What is so succinct and intelligent about what Tony Abbott said is that he has put the onus directly on the heads of the Muslim community, their leaders and others, that identify as Muslim, but want the benefits and privileges that Australia gives them.

The ball is in their court. No ambiguities. No hiding behind a “peaceful” religion. The message is clear-cut and defined and, more importantly, very few “infidels” could find fault with that statement….hence, very few gratuitous, ignorant statements from “our” ABC and other apologists.

Liked by 2 people

4. Reblogged this on The GOLDEN RULE and commented:
    I am generally sensitive to unfair and sometimes racist comments and treatment of Islamic individuals and organizations by Australians.
    In this case, nothing unfair, racist or untrue has been said by the PM. (I should add that I am not a supporter of Tony Abbot in general, this issue is being treated on its merits). He is not criticising Islamists in general, only those who participate in terrorist activities whilst holding claim to Australian citizenship.
    The Islamic Council have placed themselves in an unacceptable position. They clearly forget, or have no regard for, their responsibility to our country to be an integrated part of our community. They do have a responsibility to assimilate, and those members who do not, have not deserved the special treatment so far offered to them. Neither have they appreciated this special treatment, apparently.
    No other country in the world shows the respect and forbearance of the Islam migrants’ demands for acceptance of their extreme dress standards, their expectations of special segregated public services and their expected amendments to our religious practices and education, that Australia does.
    Unconditional acceptance of their expectations is not, and should not be, a requirement of Australian citizens in their otherwise welcome inclusion into our community.
    As I said above, migrants choosing to settle in another country, must expect and accept that country’s traditions, morals and values. In no way should we have to adapt to suit them.
    This attitude applies to any migrant, including some Jews, who actively support their “home country” in any inhumane treatment of other human beings.
    Undoubtedly this view will be adjudged as racist by some, but I strenuously deny the justice of that criticism.

• Whilst I applaud some of your comments, your inability to accept the basic tenet of Islam is confusing.

That you should fell the need to defend a group that hides behind a “religion” (and I use that world generally) to impose their will and beliefs on others is dumbfounding.
      That you defend this group without knowing anything about their beliefs, nor, it seems, any understanding of the teachings in the Koran, is stupefying.

I do not know of any unfair or racist comments that has ever been levelled at Muslims. When and where and by whom have these comments occurred?
      As for unfair or racist treatment of Muslims: what are you specifically referring to?

It doesn’t surprise me that you finish your comments with a back slap at Jews. What inhumane treatment by Jews are you referring to? What other country in the world needs to erect bomb shelters for its citizens…in an apparent time of peace?

It may interest you to know that the Gaza strip has been militarily unoccupied for many years. This has not stopped the incessant attacks on Israel by Hamas and other terrorist groups. But maybe you hadn’t kept up on the latest new? Or perhaps the Muslim friends you have spent so much time defending are telling you a different tale?

Many countries, not only Australia, have accepted Muslims in their communities but they have had to be careful of the sort of criticism they level towards the Muslims or they are labelled “racist”.

It seems that, for some, what is “good for the goose is not good for the gander”.

Your speaking out and acknowledging the gentle words uttered by an intelligent and mild Prime Minister is to be commended, however you do the rest of a us a disservice – you assume we are stupid and racist: incapable of insight, intellect or reason.

Your last sentence is even more troubling: a straw-man argument. You cannot engage in a discussion with yourself then reassure yourself of the virtue of your argument and declaring the opposing view racist (even before you have heard it) because yours, by virtue of a singularity, cannot be (racist). That is disingenuous.

• A not unexpected response with some merit.
        Of course it is not as simple as I stated.
        The problem, or at least a problem, is that all your counter arguments fall into the same categories as you suggest do mine.
        Your support for Israel is based on cherry-picked information and is also biassed. I support Israelis in general, Jews in general, but abhor their Zionist leadership and aggression.
        Your ?hatred of Islam in general is unsupportable whereas I condemn militant islamists and support the general population who are, factually decent, peace-loving family people.
        I have no hate for anyone, but condemn the trouble makers.
        You might not realize it but your opinion, and that of many, of Islamists is exaggerated and to a large extent, fomented by Western propaganda and false flag incidents.
        One day you may become more aware.
        Re my last sentence – let us not get carried away with semantics. The definition of racist and the use of the word leaves much, or loses much, in the rhetoric. It is very commonly abused and misused. It is appreciated that at least you have not then labelled me as a racist. Thank You!
        Thanks for your contribution.

• Addendum to my reply to ‘Luisadownunder’ (apologies for previous misspelling).
          You seem to have overlooked my criticisms of migrants who expect special treatment in their new adopted country, That applied to our Islamic community.
          I think a more balanced contribution than yours?

• luisadownunder says:

I refer you to the next blog entry: “True colours revealed (again)”.
          Perhaps it may give you a greater insight into the nature of Islam and peace-loving Muslims and their (supposed) desire to live in peace in Australia.
          Islam is an ideology with the sole purpose of subjugating all who do not convert to Islam….and If subjugation does not work, well, there is the ultimate flourish of victory – off with their heads!
          Simples.

• Luisadownunder – Your true colours comment.
          This is the whole point of my argument. Generalizations, no matter how meaningful, do not tell the whole story. The US is on a global rampage of destruction and atrocities and is causing a great deal more violence and death than any modern Islamic movement. This Islamic issue is simply taking away the attention from the real threat to society.
          Think about it!
          Enough I suggest. We have both had our say, we are not going to change our attitudes by debating this. Let the readers consider what has been said and make up their own minds.
          This is not the way that leads to peace.

• BTW ‘Louisadownunder’, would you care to identify yourself, if you wish readers to take you seriously.
        We wouldn’t like to think that you are a troll.

• Ken, I didn’t know this was your blog.

• Luisadownunder – “Ken, I didn’t know this was your blog.”
          I fail to see the point of your statement.
          You were responding to my comment on the “AussieMadness” blog which related to my reblogging. Why is it a problem if I ask for your comments to be backed up?
          What is relevant is that you comment from an unknown source. You have no standing as a commenter which doesn’t matter too much, except for your unbalanced criticism of me and my beliefs. I certainly have no interest in debating with a troll!
          By “we” I was referring to the readers, not the actual blog personnel.
          I have every right to ask you for your status, because nothing is revealed by your gravatar.

Blog editor – Perhaps you might choose to comment and set one of us straight, not that it is of much importance, more of a curiosity.

• luisadownunder says:

Forgive me, Ken, but I am a little confused.
          I have obviously done something wrong but I am unable to understand what it is that I have done wrong.
          If you are worried about the moniker I have adopted, to add a comment to blogs I have signed up to, then I can assure you that my first is Luisa.
          I do not understand why you need to have my full name. I am never likely to meet you and if I get very busy with my own life, as I am want to do, many days or weeks might pass before I even read any of the posts on “Aussie Madness”, let alone post a comment or reply to any comments.
          I see many other commentators on this and other blogs not necessarily using their full names. “Alan in Australia” for example and “Pamea” etc., etc., etc. – to name a couple.
          I have noticed that you have not drawn exception to their comments, nor requested that they provide their full name.
          I am not sure why you think I am a “troll”. Please define what you mean by “troll”.
          Have I offended you in some way?
          I have not called you any names. I have not used any disparaging or rude words. I have not used swear words.
          I did not know that by replying to your comments I was criticizing your beliefs and therefore a “troll”. Actually, I don’t even know what your beliefs are.
          Disagreeing is not “unbalanced”. It is simply the purveying of different viewpoints, surely.
          The reason I ask if this is your blog is that if it is, then I will gladly provide you with the information you request. You have a right to do that: if this is your blog. Otherwise, it seems a rather strange request. After all, you should be seeking that all commentators to this blog supply you with their personal details, not just me – in the name of fairness, of course.
          I also haven’t noticed any other readers taking exception to the name that I use to comment, and I have been a member of “Australian Climate Madness” for a couple of years now, and therefore by extension “Aussie Madness”.
          I am very confused. Maybe I am as stupid as you suppose – I don’t know, but definitely I am very confused.
          P.S. Most probably the reason as to why the blog editor hasn’t intervened is because he supposes that we are both adults.

• In the intersts of “fair play” may I just add Ken that we only have your word for it that you’re using your real name. Most people comment either using part of their name, as I do, or a pseudonym; the blog owner can insist on actual names being used if he so wishes. I must say I saw no offense in Luisa’s comments so I’m not sure why you’d deem her a troll, other than she disagreed with some of your statements; that isn’t the definition of a troll as far as I can discern.

Thanks for your time!

• @Liv, re real name and real person comment – I reblogged this on my wordpress,com registered blog, also replicated on FaceBook as The Golden Rule, and have a Facebook presence as Ken McMurtrie with genuine details. So my request for ID was relevant and justified.
          Anyway, I am leaving further comments to any other interested persons, mine are seemingly going nowhere, which is sad seeing as thousands of deaths and injuries continue weekly caused by persons other than Palestinians and the majority of Muslims, supported by those who exercise their right to choose to disagree with me. Those who wish to quote past history and documents which are irrelevant today, and who are unable to grasp the reality of current actions and players.
          Thank you for your comment.

• No other country??!! Visit Israel.!!
      Or Canada.!
      Otherwise agree with you.

• Hi Alan, are we talking about our bending the rules to suit migrants?
        Canada might well be similar to Australia, but I find it difficult to imagine Israel making such allowances to those Islamists residing within its real borders, yet massacring them when outside.
        You might like to clarify my thinking on this.
        Thanks for commenting!

• luisadownunder says:

There we go about Israel again.
          You do know that hundreds of Palestinians cross from Gaza into Israel every day to work there?
          You do realize it is Hamas massacring Israelis, don’t you?
          You must also realize that by Hamas placing their rocket launchers within the general population, and in schools and kindergartens, they are wilfully massacring their own “people”?
          Those rocket launchers ain’t small by a long shot! They create an enormous blast site around them endangering the lives of women and children.
          Oh, but that’s alright, they just blame the Israelis.
          It’s a win win…for the Muslim group Hamas. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

• Ken 2 million Sunni arabs live in israel. Religious and civil freedom to all. Israel is not massacring anybody. Israel also intnl home of the Shia Bahai sect fleeing massacres in Iran (ongoing). As long as civil law is upheld, and security not breached, ALL are welcome citizens if the State of Israel. Thus, as a multicultural success story, Israel joins Canada and Australia as a melting/melding pot of ethnic harmonies.
          Happy to continue conversation!

• Ok, Alan , thanks for that enlightenment. Still the Hamas/Gaza/Palestine Zionist conflict exists and justice is far from a reality. I guess we have both revealed our thoughts effectively.

• Luisa, Lets call it quits, please. No offence is intended, none taken.
        We just have radically different viewpoints, based on what we read, perceive and believe.
        Only time will reveal the eventual truths of what is actually reality and what is personal beliefs. We should both be aware that most sources of information are not to be taken as “gospel”.
        I am mostly influenced by independent reports of actual events, not information like the Bible and Quran or the media, or governments might provide.
        Actions not only speak louder than words, they are reality.
        Words are just rhetoric, by comparison. Sometimes factual but difficult to quantify.
        Peace be with you!

• @ Ken: You are entitled to your views, and I do agree, any immigrant going to another country which is diametrically opposed to the one you come from, should assimilate into the new culture without trying to inflict your cultural or religious concepts onto the host nation. Which unfortunately is not what is occurring with the Muslim community. That said your anti-semetic comments seem persistent through some of your comments. I doubt I can change your view on much but it is worth a try. Perhaps you should watch this history of what has occurred in regard to the creation of a Palestinian State before you continue to blame the Jews and Israel for what is going on over there:

Liked by 1 person

5. luisadownunder says:

Warming Realist Xavier, I fear that Mr McMurtie may not be listening.
    I don’t think he is interested in real facts about the situation with the Palestinians. Many of us were around during the the 1967 6-Day War and are fully cognizant of the facts as outlined in that wonderfully succinct history lesson you posted, “The Palestinian Lie”.
    However, as he states “I am mostly influenced by independent reports of actual events…” but not actual historical facts, it seems, so there is little hope here, me thinks.
    After all, according to him, words are just rhetoric. Who cares if they are factual?
    I notice he hasn’t asked you to identify yourself forthwith or face beheading, but I realized early on that he was probably afflicted with a sad case of “misogynitis”.
    Not too sure what the cure is.

Trackbacks